Friday, April 20, 2012

I really need to clean up my collection of blogs, so today I have decided to move some post from the blogs that never get updated. This one is from The Vintage Hen. When I was a little girl sometimes my siblings and I would spend the night at our mamaw Petitt's. Every morning at the crack of dawn mamaw would wake all six of us up for a hearty breakfast before she left for work as a janitor at the Bethel Elem. School. This is when I learned to love me some good hot coffee!! Before the sun even peaked through, mamaw donned her apron and was in her kitchen stirring up a batch of homemade biscuits. In the corner of that kitchen was an old stool that held this lard can full of flour, rolling pin, the biscuit cutter,(made from a tiny tin can)and a flour sifter. What I wouldn't give for one of those tiny fluffy biscuits today!! Below is all the original stuff from mamaws kitchen.

No comments: